The City of Seguin is the caretaker of the Juan Seguin Burial Site, located at 789 South Saunders Street.
Juan Nepomuceno Seguin | Oct. 27, 1806 – Aug. 28, 1890
- Texas patriot and statesman for whom the city of Seguin was named.
- Defended fleeing settlers in ‘Runaway Scrape’ after the fall of the Alamo.
- Commanded pursuit of Mexican army remnants flowing San Jacinto battle.
- Walnut Springs citizens voted to rename this community “Seguin” in his honor on Feb. 25, 1838.
- Died 1890, Nuevo, Laredo, Mexico.
- Remains returned to Seguin, September 1974.
- Reinterred with special honors on July 4, 1976, by the City of Seguin and Seguin Bicentennial Commission.